Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technician
About MyDefence North America
MyDefence North America (MDNA) is a subsidiary of MyDefence Communication (MDC) ApS. MDC is a Danish company with offices in Copenhagen and Aalborg, DK Denmark. MyDefence NA has an office near Raleigh, North Carolina, and an office in Chesapeake, Virginia.
MDC/MDNA works with research and product development for the international defense and security industry focusing on wireless communication and advanced signal analysis. MyDefence uses the latest technologies in wireless communications and works with a groundbreaking energy-efficient wireless platform, which is the focal point for the development of future support and protection in electronic warfare. We work closely with governmental partners, as well as a number of innovative companies in the high-tech sector to meet customer demand for high quality and innovative products for the benefit of dismounted U.S. soldiers in the world hotspots.
MyDefence offers a very exciting workplace with room for technical immersion and advancement. Here, individual efforts are highly weighted. Expectations are high, but so are the rewards. We are a young, healthy, constructive and highly innovative company focused on optimal correlation between research, development and innovation.
MyDefence North America seeks an experienced Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technician. We have launched a new series of C-UAS solutions that are fielded as electronic support and protection against enemy drones. The products are for RF detection, jamming, radar and situational awareness.
You will become part of our North American team, working from our Chesapeake, Virginia location. You will provide technical support to our sales force as well as current and future customers. As a Field Electronics Engineering Technician, together with the sales team you are the technical link between development in Denmark and integration with customers in North America. Your goal is to provide technical support, training and demonstrations to successfully bring our products to customers.
Direct contact with customers requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Ideally you have experience with SDR platforms, radar and hands-on experience with RF in a wide frequency spectrum. In addition, an in-depth knowledge of all facets of wireless communication in all operational environments will be an advantage.
- Technical support to sales force and customers
- Providing on-site training of customers
- Participation in sales demonstrations
- Lab and Field Testing and QA in live scenarios
- Capturing wireless control signals in live scenarios
- Providing technical feedback to R&D for improving performance
- Reviewing and writing technical documentation for end users
- Interaction with development partners and research institutions
- Innovation at the technical facility including electronics maintenance, repair, software updates, firmware updates, testing and evaluation of “outside the box” scenarios and options.
- Integration and adaptation of European Union based software and firmware systems into the U.S. RF environment.
- You have a positive attitude to everyday challenges and present innovative ideas of opportunities you see.
- You are eager to acquire new skills.
- You thrive in an unpretentious environment where concept or idea to action or product is swift.
- You are a team player, naturally included in our daily development work.
- You give a helping hand even if it is outside your lane or main field of competence.
- You are results oriented, persistent and release the job only after satisfactory completion
- You can work independently with an overview, systematic and analytical approach to tasks.
- You can communicate with and involve partners at all levels.
- Electrical Engineer or similar
- Greater than 5 years of field application experience
- Start between 1 Jan and 1 Feb 2019
- Full time
- Travel time = approximately 25%
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8-5
Job Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Application and Contact
Submit your Resume or CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your inquiry will of course be treated confidentially.
• Start Date: Between Jan 1st and Feb 1st 2019
• Working hours: Full time
• Workplace: Chesapeake, Virginia
• Homepage: www.mydefence.us